June 1, 2012

Tucking Them In

I make my rounds tonight, tucking in my fur babies. Some sleep in pink puffy beds, some stretched out across the back of a sofa or curled into a ball on a camp chair. Most get a kiss on the brow from me. A couple are too macho for Meowmy kisses.

It's in the 50s tonight. Because I'm a pushover for little girl cats like Chauncie Marie and YumYum, I brought out the heat lamps and blankets, put away since we've hit over 90 for several weeks now.

As I write this Herman is snoring softly in his pink bed. Gidget is in her loft over the refrigerator. Barney warms is belly atop the cable tv box. And Opie is silently pantomiming his need for a few more Temptations, a most excellent bedtime snack.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, we found you by way of wandering around looking for bloggers going to BlogPaws...your blogs are sweet! Just like kitties are...most of the time, hahameow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, nothing like tucking in the furbabies at night. Sometimes Mario tucks me in tho too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? Your cats sleep at night? How do I train mine to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rumpy, my cats range in age from 2 to 21. I'm thinking because I've had more senior than junior kitties the younger ones aren't aggressively nocturnal. Of course they get me up at 6 a.m. 7 days a week. It's not like I'm allowed to sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww.. how incredibly sweet!!

    ReplyDelete