March 13, 2013

Dori Meets Opie


The last kitten we had in our home was Opie, five years ago! I've gone through a lot in those five years and I'm no longer loosey-goosey when it comes to letting a 4.5 pound kitten roam free about my home. So many dangers she can get into, like hiding inside the La-Z-Boy sofa, or shut inside a closet or cupboard, or escape into the garage...or maybe get her ears boxed by Peaches who is our Alpha Cat. Since I didn't ask Peaches for purrrmission to adopt Dori, I'm a little nervous about their eventual face to face meeting.

So far Dori has met Herman in my office. He isn't thrilled, but then...Herm isn't thrilled about much unless it's all about him.

MY CHAIR -- go away!
Today Dori and Opie spent a little time together in my office. She was thrilled to find the great homemade knit catnip toys made by honorary auntie Jennifer Niemi (mom to @Nerissathecat, Herman's bestie).
D: Can I come up? O: What's da password?

D: How bout a smoochie? O: How about a smack in da puss?

D: Oh! I wuv dis toy! O: Hey! I was gonna play wif that.

D: Mom likes me better than you. O: Brace yourself, I'm gonna smack ya!
If you have any suggestions for introducing a kitten to older, established cats like mine, I would appreciate hearing them.

A New Website Coming Soon

Hello and a belated Happy New Year to everyone. I hope 2015 is being good to you so far. It has been for me. January is a month of celebrati...